Freedom Writers, staring Hillary Swank (Erin Gruwell), Patrick Dempsey (Scott Casey) and April L. Hernandez (Eva Benitez). The movie was produced by Paramount pictures and the director and screen play writer was Richard LaGravenese.
Freedom Writers is a excellent movie. Erin Gruwell (Hillary Swank), and other major actors in the film like Eva Benitez (April L. Hernandez) really connected emotionally to the audience. I enjoyed this movie when it came out and equally liked it again when I re-watched it recently, even thought it was released in 2007 it is timeless. I thought it was touching because all of the students had there own story and there rebellion against the "Mrs. G" (Hillary Swank) was very emotional and acted well. The movie was based in Long Island in a hard city to live in with a lot of violence and anger, racism makes it hard for kids of all ethnicitys to attend the same school.
This movie reminds me of the book "The Wave" a difference between the two though is rather then the teacher stopping the violence like in Freedom Writers in "The Wave" the teacher accidentally created the violence trying to teach the holocaust.
I thought all actors in the film did a excellent job they emotionally connected to the film, although very few went on to act in other films I would have loved to see other work by some of the actors like April L. Hernandez. The soundtrack of the movie also played a huge part, there was no time that the music was out of place or that I thought a different song should have been played. Another important part was when Erin Gruwell brought in a tupac song to try to relate to the kids and they fought back and said "you can't teach us tupac", a very emotional moment that brought them closer together.
Overall I think this review has a great message that not just teens but people of all ethnicity's can get along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment