For those of you who love weddings, I too was one. After 2 weddings a week for the past 4 years. Getting dressed up to see people sign there life away, for if best a happily settled divorce. It's depressing. I ponder what to do while I walk around the reception with a forced smile on my face. The groom approachs the wife from behind and grabs her and swings her in his arms as if he was just off with his friends disscising how this is the best day of his life. Lie, and desite. I'm begining to feel ill. A picture of the lovely new couple.
After he walks away I deside to approach the wife, built some trust incase I have to share something with her later. "Hey Breann, you look stunning, I've got some beautiful pictures already"
"Oh, Thanks Sharron, I simply can't wait to see them" she said so gleeful i thought of the wrinkles forming due to such a huge smile.
I smile and walk away. How it would kill me to break her heart. Maybe I should just mind my own buisness on this one. My bladder calls me. I walk to the ladies room, I hear some muffled harse words being exchanged in the male bathroom. I touch the door knob, locked. Resting my ear onto the cold thick pine door, I hear too fermiliar voices. That of the groom and who, no other there Breann's own sister. I listen closely as if I could easily miss a word, doubtful, my mind is boggled on how easily they do such a thing. It seems they are arguing.
"I swore to myself the I wouldn't do this once you two got married, this affair is OVER!" she somehow shouted in a whisper.
"Puhh-lease I think I love you".
"If you loved me we wouldn't have to disscuis this, we wouldn't be in a situation, I'd be in that damn white dress" I could tell she was holding back tears "Its done, I'm telling her, she's my ****ing sister Kevin"
I husle in to the female bathroom and pretend I was in there pampering my makeup the whole time, didn't hear a single word. Helen comes storming in, tears down her cheeks, for the first time it occurs to me that she is a little tipsy.
"Whats wrong Helen" I ask, sweetly placing my hand on her shoulder. She sobs for a second and responds.
"I've got to save my sister". And flees the room. There is no possible way this is going to end good. I follow her out onto the dance floor, she walks on stage and grabs the microphone. I raise my camera for a second, then change my mind. N0 way either the bride or groom is going to want these pictures either way now.
"Hi everyone, I'd like to share something with you all" she slurs her words a bit but they are far from inaudioable, that would be a blessing. "I love my sister, she is a strong beautiful women, but I have done something that she will no doubt never forgive me for. In the past few weeks I've gave into temptation. I've been sleeping with Kevin. Thank you, goodbye."
I look around and capture a slefish picture of the crowd, practically every mouth hanging open. I'll leave that out of the wedding pictures. Briann runs out of the room, tears running down her face, the whole room falls silent, I'm uncertin if its to hear her hard words outside or if they are still in shock.
You can hear Briann. "Hey stop, just so you know, I hope you get hit by a god damn truck the second you walk out of this building you stupid tramp. Your dead to me, homewreaker." Seconds later she walks into the reception and gracfully steps on the stage "All done folks" and walks out of the room.
No comments:
Post a Comment